HOLIDAY STAYCATION TIPS WITH THE KING’S DAUGHTERS INN: MAKE THE SEASON BRIGHT
During this time of the year, getting away from the hustle and bustle can be helpful and healing. This week, I am sharing tips on how to take a staycation to make the season bright! If you think you may have overdid it this year, then press the pause button and get away and relax. You’d be surprised what a couple of nights away from the distractions in your home can make you feel revitalized! Now, you may ask, “What is a staycation?” A staycation is a mini vacation in which you stay in your hometown and do excursions versus going out of town for a traditional vacation. Escape to a quaint inn like The King’s Daughters Inn in Durham, NC. I love Durham and the cool places that are right in my backyard. The King’s Daughters in is located minutes from downtown on a quite suburban street. The Inn is full of charming vintage feels with enough modern necessities to make it feel like a step back in time while watching my favorite movie on my iPad.
The King’s Daughters Inn offers the amenities of a first class hotel with the intimacy of a B&B. Enjoy high-speed wireless internet throughout, ample event and meeting space, and spacious common areas for relaxing and socializing. Savor gourmet breakfasts, afternoon tea, and evening wine and spirits. Retreat to your room for the turn-down service with artisan chocolates and port.
This holiday season, a staycation could be what the doctor ordered. Here are a few practical tips to having a relaxing time during the holidays:
- TAKE A SELF CARE DAY (S) . Spend the last weekend before the holidays and a house full of guest to regroup from planning, shopping, gifting and partying (smile). Take a new comfy pair of pjs , a few self-care skincare & beauty products, your favorite book , downloaded music and whatever else you need to relax. Do a little online shopping, read a book, binge watch a show you’ve been dying to try, give yourself a facial or do your nails. A day or two of self-care can get you ready for the days ahead. Or, if you want, save your staycation for a few days after the holidays, the relaxation will be well deserved!
2. TAKE A WALK DOWNTOWN & EXPLORE– The King’s Daughters Inn occupies an ideal location in Durham, NC – a short walk to Duke University, downtown Durham, Brightleaf Square, and 9th street; a short drive to Research Triangle Park, Raleigh-Durham Airport, and the Durham Performing Arts Center. Though close to so many lively urban districts, it blends seamlessly into Trinity Park, one of Durham’s oldest, most established, most walkable urban neighborhoods. This location gives our Inn the feel of an urban oasis.
3. TREAT YO SELF! Take the time in between giving to share a little joy with yourself. Whatever you’ve been dying to do, do it. Have a special delivery sent to the inn of your favorite flowers, order your favorite meal and have it delivered, enjoy your time!
4. SLEEP. According to FitnessMagazine.com, poor sleep is more dangerous to women than to men. Women experience higher risks of cardiovascular problems when they don’t get enough rest and they’re also more susceptible to psychological distress, depression, and anger. The objective is to enjoy the holidays and be happy, so get some rest!
5. WRAP UP! If you have a little one at home and you’re wondering how you’re going to wrap all those gifts without being detected as Santa, a quick relaxing staycation may be a bright solution to wrapping your last minute gifts.
Remember, the season is only as bright as you make it, take time to relax and get away even if it’s only for a few days. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. Check out the King’s Daughters Inn this holiday season and enjoy their holiday decor… and ask for the sage and pumpkin biscuits !
I am excited to launch this new segment to my blog… STAY TUNED FOR MORE TIPS NEXT WEEK!