WEAR TWO WERK : LEATHER
Meet my blogger friend Regina of Fashion By Regina we have partnered together to share our love for style! As fashion entrepreneurs we have a unique take on what to wear to WERK! (WERK= WORK a career in fashion or to WORK IT) Welcome to our series #WEARTWOWERK ! Wear Two Werk is our take on a trend styled two ways. Each month we will pick a topic/trend to WEAR and give you TWO ways to WERK it !
This month we took a leather skirt and styled it for how we do fashion business. Leather is not a typical career textile for 9-5 jobs but in in the fashion industry it is welcomed. I paired my leather skirt with a vintage robe from Vintage and Charmed & bright accessories from The Flourish Market. I did get a little daring with my top and that’s because it’s fashion the rules can be bent! With just a little bit of my mid section showing I’d wear this to a fashion networking event where it would be more acceptable.
Here are a few tips to wearing leather in a creative job setting:
- Wear a leather jacket in lieu of a blazer.
- Tote a bright colored leather bag versus black to your meetings.
- Knee high boots and leather pants go great with oversized tunics for a more casual look.
- Try pairing the same color leather skirt with a leather jacket for monochromatic edgy suit.
- Leather pumps are a staple try adding fun accessories to your classic leather pumps like a pom pom.
Check out Regina’s look and see how she styled it on her blog.