FIVE WAYS TO WEAR TWEED THIS WINTER
Happy New Year wherever you are in the world! Winter is in full effect in some parts of the country and in others, not so much but whether the weather is cold or calm and balmy fashion never takes a break. This winter tweed is being reinvented and reimagined into beautiful pieces. It’s a classic textile and it should be a staple in your closet. Before we get started, you will notice that this year in 2019 my blog will cater to my clients and subscribers. Every month I will focus on a theme or particular piece and how to wear it. Those of you that are already subscribed are members and everyone else can join for free here. Members will receive shoppable emails with a curated “closet” with my favorite items! The great part is all of the items are picked to fit you! So sign up to get this month’s email full of the best tweed clothing and shoes to jumpstart your year. Here are five ways to wear tweed this winter!
- BREAK UP YOUR SUIT. Turn your classic tweed suit into cool separates. Take the skirt and pair it with flats and a denim jacket for a casual weekend look. On the other hand, you can take your tweed jacket and pair it with jeans and heels for a upscale night on the town. If you’re a real trendsetter pair your tweed jacket with distressed jeans for a cool fashion juxtaposition.
2. TRY A PAIR OF TWEED SNEAKERS. Sometimes your casual outfit calls for a more sophisticated sneaker. Designer looking sneakers are here to stay. There is no excuse to wearing your gym shoes on the weekend there are high-end sneakers here to elevate your wardrobe!
3. TRY A NON TRADITIONAL COAT COLOR. Tweed is traditional in textile and color, that’s why a tweed coat in a bold and bright color is a must have. Chances are you have a black and brown coat for the winter and chances are you’re afraid to make such a big purchase in such a bold color and I am here to tell you there’s no need to be afraid of a bold colored coat. It’s a great way to break the fashion monotony going on in your closet and get you noticed in the coffee line at Starbucks! Pair a bold coat with a classic suit or your less timid look, that way you can see what it’s like wearing a bold color and pattern without committing to it for the whole day!
4. TRY TWEED IN A MIXED MEDIA. The perfect winter look is comprised of all our favorite winter textiles like tweed and leather. Find a way to give your tweed look a cool vibe by pairing it with leather or lace.
5. RELAX IN TWEED. I know it seems hard to do in such a structured textile but it’s becoming more and more common to find shorts, leggings, and jeans with tweed insets. Look for for athleisure pieces in tweed!
Now head over to your email and see what items I put in your closet and shop! I’d love to see how you styled TWEED this month so tag me in your pictures on all social outlets #whatwouldaprilwear ! Happpy New Year!