Winter Moisturizers at Every Price
Winter days can bring uncomfortable dryness to the skin of the face, hands, and feet. For some people, the problem is worse than just a general tight, dry feeling: They get skin so dry it results in flaking, cracking, even eczema (in which the skin becomes inflamed).Even indoors, the heat causes the skin starts to dry out from the heaters.
Dense moisturizers seem to be the go to for moisturizing your skin, but with a plethora of choices I’ve knocked down a few great winter skin moisturizers for every price range. No mater if the moisturizer is inexpensive or expensive unscented moisturizer or lotion containing lanolin, a natural oil, is one of the most effective and least expensive ways to help dry skin.
Here are 5 tips to keep your skin moist in the winter months:
- Humidifier. To combat the dry air inside during the winter, add moisture to keep your skin moist with a humidifier.
2. Seal your skin. Immediately after showering seal in the moisture with my favorite, lavender oil.
3. Take warm showers. Hot showers dry our the skin.
4. Hydrate. Drinking lots of water helps inside out by preventing dryness and cracking! Drink lots of water always, but especially in the winter.
5. Eat well. Salads are not just for warm months. This cookbook shares recipes for the fall and winter with seasonal ingediants that are healthy, which is important for healthy skin.